STAY & PLAY...IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD
Find the best Kama’aina rates and specials for accommodations, golf, dining, tennis, spa and much more at the Makena Beach & Golf Resort.
The Makena Ohana invites you to come experience the new and improved former Maui Price Hotel, now named the Makena Beach & Golf Resort. Located in region of Makena, we entice you to come experience a stay-at-home vacation on Maui.
Have you been to Makena lately? Located pass Wailea's resort row and away from the hustle and bustle, a Maui staycation in Makena feels more like a trip to another island, in another time. An homage to old Hawaii, and reminiscent of Maui's era gone by, at Makena you can rediscover why you have made Hawaii your home. With a valid form of Hawaii State identification as your passport, an experience at our resort paradise comes with great savings. We look forward to welcoming you and wishing you a warm Aloha.
KAMA’AINA ROOM RATES & PACKAGES
Come Holoholo at the new & improved Makena Beach & Golf Resort with our Kamaaina room rates starting at $180! Plus Free Internet, Free Parking & Waived Resort Fee!
Now under new management and new ownership, this former Maui Prince Hotel, has just completed a multi-mullion dollar beautification of the property including the Makena resort's 310 rooms and suites and offering unparalleled Pacific ocean views. Choose from five spacious and newly beautified guest room and suite configurations featuring full or partial ocean views and private lanais with sliding, screened doors, Serta’s Presidential plush beds, working desk area, mini fridge and in room safe.
Our new rooms have gone under a complete makeover, featuring such updates as new carpets, new drapes, new beddings and designer bed throws, refinished furnishing, new flat screen televisions featuring 44 HD channels and our Lodgenet entertainment systems, new granite countertops in the bathrooms areas, mini refrigerators with two bottles of complimentary water, mini coffee makers with complimentary Starbucks coffee and Tazo Teas, laptop friendly safes and a new line of Tommy Bahama amenities, and more…
*Kama'aina rates and packages may be reserved by Hawaii residents by presenting a valid form of State of Hawaii identification at check in.
Our nightly room rates includes:
- Nightly accommodations in our newly beautified rooms
- Complimentary Internet access in our rooms, lobby, pool and restaurant areas
- Waived Resort Fees
- Free Self Parking
- Access to our new 2,500 sq. ft. fitness center
- Pool access with complimentary poolside cabanas (cabanas offered first come, first serve)
- Complimentary beach chairs
- Access to complimentary activities and discounted activity guest rates and kama'aina specials.
Registered Kama'aina Guests enjoy daily unlimited golf at great rates with complimentary club and shoe rentals. Plus kids (ages 7 - 12) play free with every paid adult fee.
One of Maui's best golf courses, the Makena Golf Course offers special Kama'aina rates so you can enjoy the most pristine Maui golf imaginable right here in your back yard. You will love our state of the art fleet of Precedent Club Cars that feature on board GPS equipment and electronic food and beverage ordering capabilities. And after your Maui golf round feel pampered with the complimentary cold oshiburi from our Aloha spirited staff. Make sure to save up an appetite for Happy Hour at Cafe on the Green from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm, where you can unwind with refreshing ice cold drink specials starting $4 and get half off appetizers!
The 18-hole Makena Golf Course also features a full service golf and resort shop, driving range and his/her locker rooms. Services include golf lessons, caddie service, and a roaming food and beverage snack cart.
Plus resort guests new to the sport can take advantage of our complimentary Golf 101 clinic, that provides an introduction to the game of golf with Makena's golf pros, offered every Thursday at 8:45 AM. (Advanced sign up required)
Please call the Golf Shop for Kama'aina rates and details.
Enjoy a special $12 court fee
Voted as one of the Top 50 American tennis resort by Tennis Magazine and Tennis.com, the Makena Tennis Club is one of Maui's best tennis facilities. Enjoy a game of Maui tennis on the Makena Tennis Club's six newly-resurfaced Plexipave courts, offering all levels of players the highest standards of surface performance for competition and cushioning for safety. In addition to offering great membership rates and an array of services, kama'aina can experience the Makena Tennis Club facilities at these great discounted rates:
- Special $12 per person court fee
- Sunday Fun Social Mixer Round Robin only $15 per person from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Plus all hotel guests can take advantage of specially-priced tennis clinics:
- $30 per person "Ball Machine Workout" every Monday from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Each participant will get a chance to hit backhands, forehands, and volleys to target zones on the court.
- $30 per person "Groundstroke Clinic" every Tuesday from 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM. Get a great workout and learn the pro's secrets about how to hit a forehand and a backhand.
- $30 per person "Doubles Strategy Clinic" every Wednesday from 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM. Tips and strategies to take your doubles game to the next level.
- $30 per person "Sizzling Serve and Return" every Thursday from 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM. An hour of intense workout on the most important shots in the game.
- $30 per person "Volley and Mid-Court Clinic" every Friday from 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM. Learn the secrets of the easiest shot of the game.
- $30 per person "Davis Cup Workout" every Saturday from 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM. Not for the faint of heart. This ninety minute workout will test your endurance! For 4.0 rated players only.
Take advantage of the Tennis club's unique services, including:
- Players Matching: Let our Tennis Pros match you with even leveled tennis player from their membership.
- Private Lessons: Learn how to play the fun game of tennis with one of our tennis pros.
- Demo Program: Try out the latest in tennis technology from the industries best brands
- Junior Tennis Program: Bring the kids to learn the sport of the lifetime with the Makena Tennis Club's year round clinics held every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon for kids ages 4 and up.
All prices are subject to 4.16% HI state tax. Kama'aina specific rates and packages may be reserved by Hawaii residents, by presenting a valid State of Hawaii identification in the form of a Hawaii Drivers License or Hawaii State ID at time of service.
For more information call:
Phone: (808) 891-4050 or Ext. 4050
Exclusively for Kama'aina...a complimentary "Aromatherapy Oil Ugrade" with any spa service.
A haven for peace and relaxation, the Makena Kai Day Spa offers a wide range of luxurious beauty and body treatments designed as therapy for mind, body and spirit in two oceanfront Thai inspired spa cabanas. Operated by Hawaiian Rainforest Spas, Kama'aina are invited to relax at Maui's premier open-air oceanfront day spa. Specifcally for Kama'aina, book any massage, body treatment, reflexology or spa package and receive a complimentary aromatherapy oil upgrade with your purchase.
Kama'aina specials may be reserved by Hawaii residents, by presenting a valid State of Hawaii identification in the form of a Hawaii Drivers License at check-in.
For reservations or more information contact:
Phone: (808) 875-5858
Hours: 9:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
Offering a $30 Outrigger Canoe Tour and more...
Fronting Maluaka Beach (or locally known as Prince Beach) the Makena Beach & Golf Resort offers a plethora of ways to explore the waters of Makena. Located between Makena Landing and Onela "Big" Beach, Maluaka is one of Maui's best kept secrets. Some of its great features include tide pools, turtle town, remnants of WWII landing crafts and a perfect vantage point for whale watching. The resort offers guests the chance to experience the waters off Makena at a great value. Kama'aina resort guests will delight in our complimentary and/or special value priced activities:
- $30 - 1-hour Outrigger Canoe Tour: Learn to paddle in a Hawaiian outrigger canoe while exploring the Makena coast
- Complimentary Snorkel Lessons every day at 8:00 AM
- Complimentary Scuba Lessons every day at 9:00 AM with Maui Dive Shop
- Exploring Life in our Hawaiian Tidal Pools offered every Friday morning from 10:00 AM
ONO FOOD AT GREAT PRICES
The Makena Beach & Golf resort culinary team, under the direction of Executive Chef Marc McDowell, is driven by the desire to infuse traditional culinary arts into the dining experience at all four of the Makena Beach & Golf Resort's fine restaurants. Their mantra is "fresh, fresh, fresh" and they have a make-everything-from-scratch attitude. Every meal is a momentary expression of Makena's high standards of flavor, quality and consistency.
Expect the unexpected in your dining adventures at Makena Beach & Golf Resort: The casual Pool Bar & Grill offers grilled burgers and oven-hot pizzas served al fresco at poolside; Cafe Kiowai's delightful morning breakfast buffet service overlooks the koi ponds and Japanese gardens; Molokini Bar & Grill has sunset views, exotic cocktails, and a tantalizing menu featuring fresh island fish, steaks, and daily pasta specials. Don't miss the award-winning Sunday Brunch and our tantalizing Friday and Saturday Night Buffets. At Barista 5400, We Proudly Brew Starbuck Coffee in top-of-the line Schaerar Espresso machine and serve fresh-baked banana bread, cookies, and pastries as well as fresh-made salads and sandwiches; and Cafe on the Green boasts spectacular views of emerald green golf courses and the ocean beyond and serves lunch fare and offers daily happy hour sunset specials on drinks and appetizers.
Enjoy incredible dining at value prices with interesting finds and weekly specials created with Kama'aina in mind.
Stargazing Dinner at Molokini Bar & Grill
Offered every Monday Night at only $25 per person
Every Monday night, the Molokini Bar & Grill offers a three course stargazing dinner to accompany the resort’s weekly “Evening Under the Stars Activity.” After dinner, head on down to our Stargazing activity, an informal gathering around our cozy fire pit in the resorts gardens under a blanket of stars. While toasting your marshmallows, join astronomer Becky Sydney as she takes you on a tour of the Hawaiian star lit sky using a deep space telescope.
Caesar Salad Starter
junior romaine lettuce, reggiano parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes, herb croutons and house-made anchovy balsamic dressing
Makena Mixed Plate
Teriyaki beef, grilled mahi, chicken katsu with chef’s seasonal stir fried vegetables and steamed white rice
S’mores Kit to go
graham crackers, Hershey’s Chocolate and marshmallows
Also ask your server to add a Hot Coco, Chai Tea, Starbucks Coffee, your favorite after dinner drink or other fireside beverages and we will make it "to go" upon request.
Stargazing dinner offered at $25 per person, exclusive of tax or gratuity. Reservations Available. Dinner every Monday from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM, Stargazing activity at 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
LOBSTER FEST AT MOLOKINI BAR &GRILL
Offered every Tuesday and Thursday with a three course surf & turf dinner only $39.95
Offered for a limited time, Lobster Fest Tuesdays and Thursdays have been popular among visitors and locals alike. Due to popular demand we've extended and expanded our Lobster fest specials. Continue to join us for our lobster fest at the Molokini Bar & Grill on Tuesdays and Thursdays as the restaurant offers a three Course Surf & Turf dinner for only $39.95 as well as specialty appetizers and entrees featuring our favorite seafood item, Lobster.
Lobster Bisque $9
Lobster Fritters $12
Molokai Potato Fried Lobster Salad $16
Lobster Mac & Cheese $24
1 Pound Live Main Lobster $38
Add a 4oz Lobster Tail to any Menu Item $15
3 Course Surf & Turf Dinner
First Course - Chopped Caesar Salad with classic dressing
Second Course - Petite filet mignon with 4 oz lobster tail on a bed of Molokai sweet potato and baby carrots
Dessert Course - Crème Brulee Sampler (Molokini Bar & Grill Signature Item)
Only $39.95 per person. Wine pairings available with $20 add on.
SUNDAY BRUNCH AT MOLOKINI BAR & GRILL
Now at special pricing only $40 per adult, $20 per child (5-12), and unlimited Champagne for only $8 more
Voted as one of the “Best Brunches on Maui” the Sunday Brunch at the Makena Beach & Golf Resort’s Molokini Bar & Grill is also the best value for Sunday Brunch on the island. Featuring an extensive menu with a mix of freshly made hot and cold food displays and made-to-order action stations the Sunday Brunch at Makena will please any palette. Eggs Benedict and buttermilk pancakes, carving station with prime rib and whole roasted Kalua pig, and made-to-order omelet stations, Asian specialties such as made-to-order sushi and freshly steamed dim sum, and an assortment of garden salads, fresh baked muffins, pastries, and desserts, sweet ripe melons, papayas and pineapples… You won’t be disappointed! Priced at $40 adults and $20 for children (5-12), Include bottomless champagne for only $8 more, and served from 9:30am to 12:30pm.
TWO REASONS TO GET HAPPY
Featuring Happy Hours at Cafe on the Green & Molokini Bar & Grill
Cafe on the Green Happy Hour - 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Everything under $6
Come Pau Hana at Cafe on the Green. After a day of golf or tennis relax and unwind at Cafe on the Green's Happy Hour and partake in:
- $4 Draft Beers
- $5 Makena Mai Tai
- $6 House White Wine
- $6 House Red Wine
Open to everyone, Cafe on the Green also has some tasty pupu specials
- $4 Edamame - Boiled and tossed in Garlic Salt
- $5 The Dip Stick - Grilled Artisan Bread, Feta, Red Onion, Aged Balsamic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- $6 Chicken Quesadilla - Spinach Tortilla, Oaxaca, Asadero and Manchengo Cheeses, Roasted Peppers and Onions Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- $6 Thai Style Lettuce Wraps - Cups of butter lettuce, carrots, cucumber, jicama, green onion, red quinoa salad, chefs garden mint cilantro, and chile lime sauce
- $6 All Beef Sliders - Foccassia Buns, White Cheddar, Roasted Garlic Aioli
- $6 Teriyaki Chicken Yakatori - with Grilled Pineapple
See full offerings at Cafe on the Green
Molokini Lounge Happy Hour - 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM Daily
Everything under $10
Come on down to the lounge at the Molokini Bar & Grill for great food and drinks. Now featuring a new Happy Hour with specialty chefs appetizers and speciality cocktails garnished with herbs grown and hand picked from our very own chef's garden.
- $6 Fried Calamari
- $8 Kalua Pork Fries - Waffle fries topped with smoked Kalua Pork and Gruyere Bechamel
- $10 Poke of the Day - Fresh island fish tossed with fresh island ingredients
- $10 Shrimp Kebob - Grilled Hawaiian shrimp and pineapple in Lilikoi butter
$7 Specialty Cocktails
- Island Mojito - Bacardi superior rum with muddled pineapple and fresh mint
- Molo-Rita - Tequila, fresh basil, fresh lime and our house-made ginger syrup
- Lemongrass fizz - Coconut rum, housemade lemongrass syrup, lime
$6 House-Made Sangria
- Fruity and tropical white wine sangria
- Tropical slightly spiced red wine sangria
Plus ... $5 Beers (Bud, Bud Light, Bikini Blond)
Prices do not include applicable state tax and gratuity, service charge of 18% will be added for parties of six guests or more.
See full offerings at Molokini Bar & Grill
NEW AT POOL BAR & GRILL
New Outdoor Kiawe Wood Burning Pizza Oven & outdoor grill rolling out fresh pizza, calzones, and rotisserie chicken pool side.
The Makena Beach & Golf Resort’s Pool Bar & Grill has completed their outdoor kitchen featuring a Kiawe Wood burning Pizza Oven, Rotisserie, and flat-top grill rolling out a new menu of fresh pizzas, calzones, rotisserie chicken and Latin-infused sandwiches all cooked and served pool side. The centerpiece of the new outdoor kitchen at the resort’s Pool Bar & Grill eatery is a brick wood burning oven that produces fresh pizzas and calzones cooked with the smokey flavors of Kiawe wood. With pizza dough made fresh daily and fresh toppings like sweet pineapple, smoked ham, fresh mozzarella, juicy tomatoes and pepperoni. The new outdoor kitchen at the Pool Bar & Grill also features a rotisserie, dolling out juicy rotisserie chicken all day, and an adjoining flat top grilling and serving Latin infused dishes like Cuban press sandwiches, quesadillas and grilled fish for tangy fresh fish tacos. The pool grill also features a full outdoor bar area serving a array of alcoholic and non-alcoholic tropical drinks and smoothies. The Pool Bar & Grill is located pool side at the Makena Beach & Golf Resort, and is open for lunch daily from 11:00 AM – 5:30 PM.